This notice is issued by SigSports a company whose registered office is at Sigvaris Britain Limited, 4 Sopwidth Park, Royce Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3TS, United Kingdom (trading, and hereafter referred to as "SigSports").
Privacy and Security
This Privacy Statement will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information when you interact with us. Please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use your personal information. You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to us, you consent in it's processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How your information will be used
We will use your information for:
- Verifying your identity when required.
- Undertaking market research.
- Keeping you informed about promotions and new developments by email, telephone or post.
SigSports will also use your information for marketing purposes: Keeping you informed of products and services relating to SigSports and those of companies of similar intent to SigSports that we feel you may be interested in.
If you do not want your personal information to be used this way, please write to us at SigSports, Sigvaris Britain Limited, 4 Sopwidth Park, Royce Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3TS, United Kingdom, and we will ensure that your information is not used for these purposes.
We may disclose information about you:
- In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, in which case you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
- Where it is necessary to deliver the products and services bought by you. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a credit card company to validate your credit card details and obtain payment. It may also be necessary for us to pass your personal information to the organisation from whom you have ordered any products or services other than your SigSports product. At all times, SigSports will remain the Data Controller unless we inform you otherwise.
- We may also be obliged to disclose your personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements in accordance with the law.
We will collect your personal information when:
- You purchase products and services through our site.
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services.
- You respond to communications or surveys.
The type of personal information we may collect could include:
- Name and address, date of birth and gender.
- Telephone numbers and email address.
- Credit/ debit card details.
- Lifestyle and other information.
By using our Website you agree to our collecting such information.
We may also monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in accordance with UK law, and in particular for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training.
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites.
- Ensuring effective systems operation.
- Meeting any legal obligation.
- Protecting your vital interests.
- Prevention or detection of crime.
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller.
Please visit www.dataprotection.gov.uk or www.dti.gov.uk for further information.
All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and used only for the purposes for which we collect it. If you would like us to remove any personal information from our records, then please write to us at SigSports, Sigvaris Britain Limited, 4 Sopwidth Park, Royce Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3TS, United Kingdom. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
Non-personal information collected online
- Simplifying logging on for users.
- Ensuring the security of registered users.
- Enabling traffic monitoring.
Third parties serve cookies via this site. They are used to help us compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how people use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. Neither we, nor any third party, can identify you personally in this way. You don't need to allow your browser to accept personal cookies, you must have session cookies enabled if you wish to access any areas reserved for registered users. Session cookies do not hold personal information.
If you have any queries regarding cookies and our use of them, please contact us on 07857 415313.
Please be aware that our website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of these websites. If you choose to visit another website via our website, you will need to contact them separately to have your personal information deleted from any list they might hold.
We will use our best endeavours to treat your personal information as private and confidential. Other than under the terms of this Statement, we will not disclose any of your information to anyone.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose information in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so.
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose.
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest.
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
Also, from time to time we will employ agents and subcontractors to process your personal information on our behalf. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to them and all processing will be carried out under our instruction.
If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal information, to the relevant Ombudsman. You can be assured that they are similarly obliged to adhere to the Data Protection Act and keep your personal information strictly confidential.
Fraud prevention and detection notice
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may, at any time, share information about you with any other of our group companies. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities.
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities recovering debt.
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance.
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
On our website we protect any information you have given us by providing you with a User ID and password. We also use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption technology to encrypt sensitive information.
The User ID and password helps us to protect your personal information. You may need a User ID and password to access your personal information on our website. You must keep this password safe and must not disclose it to anyone. We will accept no responsibility or liability if a third party obtains and users your User ID and password. You must tell us immediately if you have lost your User ID or password, or if you believe a third party may have obtained it. Please also tell us if you would like us to change your User ID or password for any reason.
Some organisations have a security feature called a firewall to protect their computer systems. These firewalls may prevent you from connecting to our secure server to get a quote. If you are at work and cannot connect to our site, please speak to your IT administrator to learn more.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails or webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered — this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other Group companies or service providers located outside of the European Economic Area. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the UK or the EEA — in these instances we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected.
Access to your information
You can write to us at any time to obtain details of the personal information that we may hold about you. Please write to the Data Protection Officer, SigSports, Sigvaris Britain Limited, 4 Sopwidth Park, Royce Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3TS, United Kingdom. Please provide your name and address, and tell us what information you would like.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. Please provide two forms of identification such as a copy of a driving licence, passport, or document containing your signature, and a copy of a recent utility bill that confirms your address.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, we are entitled to charge £10 to cover the administration costs. Please make cheques payable to "SigSports".
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement at any time and in response to changes in applicable law. The Data Controller is SigSports. SigSports is a trading name of SigSports. At all times SigSports will remain the ultimate data controller. In this Privacy Statement "we," "us" and "our" means SigSports.
If you have any enquiry about our data protection and privacy practices, please write to the Data Protection Officer as above.
We take care to provide the highest standards of service. Please contact us, however, should you feel you have cause to make a complaint.
Your complaint will be acknowledged in 5 working days.
We aim to resolve complaints within 20 working days.
Once an assessment and full investigation of your concerns has been made, we will respond with a decision. Most complaints can be resolved quickly, but occasionally more detailed enquiries may be required. If this is likely we will contact you with an update and give you an expected date of response.